Sometimes you need to reinstall or install a new operating system on your computer. To do this, it is necessary to configure the BIOS of your computer to allow the system to be launched on the desired removable media (DVD or USB key) at start-up.
So what is the procedure to follow to boot on the DVD or USB drive to install Windows 10? This is applicable for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
To set up removable media at start-up
1. Plug in your key or DVD and restart your computer.
2. Open the BIOS setup interface by pressing the "F2" or "DEL" key. If the keyboard key "F2" or "DELETE" displays nothing then try this:
- The Esc key
- The F1 or F10 key
- The keys ALT + Enter
- The CTRL + ALT + S keys
- The keys CTRL + ALT + Insert
3. Move to the "Boot" tab at the top of the screen, using the left and right arrow keys.
4. Change the order here by selecting your USB key or CD-ROM using the keyboard arrows and click on "Enter".
5. Your computer must restart. Make sure your CD or USB stick is plugged into your computer.
6. If prompted, press a key to boot from the CD / DVD. Your computer should boot from the CD or USB drive instead of your normal operating system.
Now you can follow the instructions on the installation window in order to install a new Windows version.
Click here to read other Windows articles!